New Orleans Wedding Planning / Planner
By: Sue Rudiger
MONTH/DAY OF WEDDING PLANNING
We want our couples to enjoy their day as stress-free as possible! You will have two to three planners with you throughout your big day overseeing your every need!
One Month Prior
We set up a meeting or phone consult with the couple to go over a timeline and what to expect on the day of their wedding day.
Two Weeks Before And One Week Before
We reach out to all vendor via email, call and text. To give them a verbal walk through of the wedding day and what’s expected of them during the wedding and that they will have access to all planners working with you on your wedding day.
Day Of Wedding
- A bridal attendant will meet with you on the morning of the wedding, where you are getting dressed to assist with all your needs.
- Coordinate on-time arrival of hair and makeup stylists and instruct them as to where to set up. You will have a schedule, for hair and makeup prior to the day of the wedding. Making sure that the stylist and makeup artist are on schedule.
- We will be in constant touch with your photographer, florist, video, and transportations to ensure they all know you and the groom’s location.
- Pin on all Boutonnieres and corsages, distribute flowers to the bridal party.
- Help assist photographer with the best area for the pictures, first look, either daddy, daughter or bride and groom.
- Coordinate with all family members and bridal party for photos.
- Tidy up the bridal suite.
- Help bride with her bridal gown.
- We bring along with us an emergency suitcase (yes roiling suitcase with everything imaginable, for any emergency, from tampons, glue, scissors, bleach, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, sewing kit) and much, much, more.
- Food deliveries and set up for the bride and her party to ensure it is delivered.
- Coordinate transportation with Limo, Horse and Buggy, Uber, or Trolley.
- Set up programs, second line hankies and other ceremony items.
- Instruct ushers to arrive on time and are ready to pass out programs and second line hankies.
- Ensure that personal flowers are passed out to bridal party and oversee that the ceremony arrangements are in place.
- Instruct ushers as to when to begin escorting guests to their seats.
- Instruct musicians and officiant and direct them as to where to set up.
- Go over the cue that we will use to signal the start time.
- Instruct bride and groom of the start time, and when to start walking.
- Instruct the bridal party for their entrances down the aisle.
Reception set up
- Go over with the caterer to ensure all is in place and running on time.
- Instruct vendors as to where to set up band or dj, photo booth, cake.
- Meet with catering staff to confirm food timeline.
- Set up guest book and pen, toasting flutes, cake knives and favors.
- Set up floral and candles throughout the venue.
- Guestbook, we pass the book around during the reception, so all guest signs the book.
- Bride and groom will be whisked away to a private moment and a bite to eat. Then we will instruct you when the first dance.
- Cue band or DJ for first dance, have bridal party line the dance floor so they can watch all the dances.
- Cue band or DJ photographer, and videographer when the first dance, parents dance, tossing of the garter and bouquet. cake cutting.
- Be aware of timing of catering service and make sure people are served promptly.
- Distribute gratuities to vendors at the end of the evening.
- Pack up gifts/cards all items to hotel or car.
- Coordinate at the end of the night, second line, sparkler, sendoff, etc.
- So, sit back and relax and let us do the job you hired us to-do.
Combine Month Of With This Package For Full Planning
- Access to our preferred vendor list
- Upon booking your wedding we put together a full vendor itinerary. We make appointments for you with bakeries, hair & makeup, photographers, videographers, venues and all other vendors.
- We will help you create the save the dates.
- Design your invitations.
- An in-depth planning meeting to review all of the details of your ceremony, vendor contracts, decor details, etc.
- A 30-day walk-through meeting with the venue, caterer, and couple.
- We work with you to create a custom timeline based on how you would like the day to run.
- Room layout creation.
- Handle all communication with your vendors to confirm details and arrival times for the day of the wedding.
- Coordinate Rehearsal (if applicable).
- Set up and distribute wedding items (programs, wedding favors, toasting flutes, cake knife and server, name cards, menus, table numbers, guest book, etc).
- Check in from all vendors and deliveries making sure they are on time and provide the correct items as well as oversee any setup of rental items.
- Assist with handing out flowers to family members, as well as pinning boutonnieres and corsages.
- Ensure that the photographs are on time according to the agreed timeline.
- Work with the photographers to coordinate an intimate and flawless “first look” (if applicable).
- Communicate with the bridal party to help with questions and concerns, keep them on time, and update them on the day ahead.
- Coordinate the ceremony and cue ceremony music.
- Work with caterer and venue staff to ensure a seamless transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception.
- Provide constant communication with bride, groom, and parents during the reception as to the timeline and next steps throughout the evening.
- Make sure you get to eat at your reception.
- Work closely with entertainment/DJ and MC of the event on the timing of appropriate dances, speeches and announcements.
- Ensure marriage license is signed by the officiant.
- Assist with gathering all guests for departure and coordinating bride/groom send-off.
- Pack up all personal belongings and gifts at the end of the night and help to get them to the agreed upon people.
- Oversee the breakdown of rental items at the end of the event to make sure the vendors have left on the agreed upon time with the venue.
We look forward to making all your dreams come true.
Call us to schedule appointment.